By Ricardo Pires
Do you need to rent air for your plant or factory? Here is what to look for in a rental compressed air partner:
Every plant and factory is unique. Refineries, chemical plants, power plants, pulp and paper plants, manufacturing plants, etc. have very different ways of operating and specific air compressor requirements. Even plants and factories in the same industry can be very distinct from one another. So it makes sense that when you are looking for a rental compressed air partner, your selected provider delivers a customized solution that will work perfectly for you.
Here are some important characteristics to look for in a rental compressed air provider:
- Experience: A company that has been in the business for a long time will have the experience and the ability to understand the particular needs of the several different types of industries. They will be able to create innovative solutions to solve problems in the most challenging situations.
- Quality range of equipment: With a company that possesses an extensive, modern and superior fleet of air compressors, you will be able to get solutions that fit your needs, equipment that won’t leave you stranded and the latest technology which will save you from problems and will ultimately help save money. They should also have a complete range of diesel engines and electric-driven compressors that match your specific requirements.
- 100% oil-free availability: 100% truly oil-free air compressors are highly recommended and are certified by the TÜV as Class 0 – ISO 8573-1: This is the most stringent industry standard of air purity. Regarding tier classification, the higher the tier, the better: lower tier compressors are of course cheaper, but if you compare the costs associated to a lower tier air compressor with a higher tier machine, you will see that the latter is a better value and choice. If you would like to know more about truly oil-free air compressors and engine tiers in air compressors, please read the two articles fully dedicated to these two topics, published in our blog in January 2017.
- Certifications: Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA) is a world organization responsible for certifying companies on a number of standards. LRQA actually audits certified companies periodically to guarantee all the standards necessary to be certified are still met. Internal audits are also done at times. You should make sure the company you are working with has been granted certification in ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 by LRQA. These stand for Quality, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety Management. This triple certification demonstrates the company’s commitment to the quality of their services, their care for the environmental impact of their operations and the health and safety of their employees and customers.
- Efficiency and effectiveness: Can your provider handle large multi-unit projects without interrupting day-to-day business operations? Can your provider pass on savings due to their own efficiencies? Are their technicians readily available in case of an emergency or unexpected issues? Are these technicians competent, professional and experts in what they do? When setting up the compressors, your provider should also be able to eliminate pressure bottlenecks in your pipe system with properly positioned equipment. A company with true 24/7 availability and superior customer service will respond to your needs helping to minimize downtime and maximize production. They should be able to quickly react and help in unexpected emergencies. Bottom line is: your rental compressed air provider should be able to deliver an individualized solution that works.
- Contingency Planning: You will need to have a contingency plan in place for unscheduled/emergency situations like natural disasters. Make sure your provider has experienced representatives that are able to design a plan that can match your specific needs.
Do you agree with these characteristics? Do you have others in mind? Please let us know!
Latest posts by Atlas Copco Rental North America (see all)
- Power consumption, emissions and costs: How to reduce all three with Tier 4 diesel air compressors - September 20, 2017
- Temporary compressed air, air treatment and on-site nitrogen solutions for the Chemical Industry - September 5, 2017
- Why 100% oil-free air is critical in jet engine testing - August 24, 2017